Personal Data Protection Statement (“the Statement”)
Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association respects the privacy of individuals and recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. We are also committed to adhering to the provisions and principles of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Statement so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us and submitting information to us you agree and consent to Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association collecting and using your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Statement.
This Data Protection Statement does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association may from time to time update this Data Protection Statement to ensure that this Data Protection Statement is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Statement as updated from time to time on our website (website url). Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
“Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association will only collect such Personal Data as is required. Examples of such Personal Data include, but are not limited to, telephone numbers, mailing address and payment information.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data when you submit an application form/s to join the Swiss Cottage Alumni Association. We may also collect Personal Data when you donate monies to our numerous initiatives and participate in any way/form or manner in our events.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, (eg information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
Generally, Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:-
- Responding to your queries and requests;
- Managing the administrative operations of Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association;
- Providing media announcements and responses;
- Organising promotional events;
- Legal purposes;
- Conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- Meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issues by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In additions, Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:-
- Processing payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- Internal risk management;
- Generating internal records;
- Administering fee adjustments, refunds and waivers; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number, then from time to time, Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association may contact you using the Singapore telephone number with information about our products and those offered by our business partners.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:-
- Collaborate with Swiss Cottage Secondary School, Swiss Cottage Secondary School Parents’ Support Group and all other Swiss Cottage Secondary School affiliate organisations;
- Our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with nay laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is places on your computer when you visit certain websites.
- Enabling certain features and functions on our website, eg remembering your user-id, favourite channel selections, browsing and other service preferences;
- Building up a profiled of how you and other users use the website;
- Improving the efficiency of our website;
- Administering services to you; and
- Establishing usage statistics.
Advertisements on the Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association website may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement, and to track how many people have seen it more than once. Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association does not control these third parties and their cookie policies.
Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association is not responsible for the Personal Data policies, content or security of any third party websites linked to the Swiss Cottage Secondary School Alumni Association Website.
If you have:-
- Any question or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Statement;
- Would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Statement; or
- Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data Records, please contact our Data Protection officer.
Data Protection Officer
This Data Protection Statement and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the law of Singapore”